FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is your style?
Authentic, photojournalistic, and classic. Nothing overly trendy. In my mind, timelessness trumps trendiness. My style is largely documentary: I aim to work as unobtrusively as possible, but will help guide you from time to time.
How many weddings have you shot?
How many images will I get?
About 13 or 14 final images - JUST KIDDING! - ~800-1,000, but the total number of images depends on hours of coverage, of course.
How do I receive my photographs?
All edited images are uploaded onto a private/password protected online gallery (Pixieset) from which you can view, share, download, and purchase images, including full resolution file sizes. This online gallery also serves as a backup archive for your memories.
Can I print the photographs on my own?
Yes! Download the high-resolution photos from your gallery and print them anywhere you want. They are all yours!
When do I get my photographs?
Within a day of your wedding, I'll share with you a handful of images as a "sneak peek" of what is to come. Within 2 to 3 weeks after the wedding, you will receive all of your edited images.
What do you mean by edited photos? What do you do to them after you take the pictures?
Once I return home from a wedding, there is quite a bit of work that begins. I upload all of the RAW images to three hard drives (including a Synology NAS Diskstation) to ensure I have backups immediately. I methodically go through each and every image on my MacBook Pro. Then I edit the images in Adobe Lightroom which involves color correcting, tonal adjustments, contrast and vibrance boosts, clarity adjustments for smoothing skin, cropping, etc. The key really starts with 'getting it right in camera" which expedites the post-production time considerably.
Do I need two photographers?
Not necessarily. I shoot many weddings solo. What I will tell you, however, is that including a second shooter in your package is money well spent. A second shooter means more photos taken from different locations and perspectives. For example, if I am shooting a ceremony in a church aisle, the second photographer can be capturing epic shots from the upper balcony. A second photographer also helps make the family and wedding party formals go faster as we can divide shoot in half the time.
Do you have backup gear/equipment? What's in your bag?
Yes. I shoot full-frame Nikon (D750 and Df) and a Sony (A7riii) cameras, and have multiple lenses and lighting.
Do you photograph a 'first look' ?
Yes! The first look is great way for the bride and groom to see and spend time with one another in an intimate and relaxed way prior to the ceremony. It also allows us to possibly get a good amount of the family and wedding party formals photographed before the ceremony, giving the two of you more time to spend with guests at the cocktail hour.
What happens if something were to happen to you and you were unable to shoot our wedding?
Good question! Remember the idea of a second shooter being money well spent? All of my second shooters are seasoned pros who could step in for me as the primary photographer in the event something catastrophic happened to me. In addition, I have an extensive network of wedding photographer colleagues to whom I could turn to in a moment’s notice to fill my shoes. Let’s hope this were to never happen, but rest assured, I have a plan and process in place, and were the worst to occur, your wedding would be photographed by an experienced and talented shooter.
How do you come dressed to shoot our special day?
I dress respectfully and conservatively, but typically never a tie or suit.
Do you shoot formals on the wedding day?
I am happy to photograph a handful of formal Group Shots. I ask for a list of these in advance so I can photograph them as quickly and efficiently as possible so you can get on with the important business of enjoying your day.
Ok, so how do we book you for our wedding?
A 25% retainer and a signed contract will secure your date. The balance is due 2 weeks prior to the wedding day.
Are you insured?
Yes! Certificate available upon request. Good question!!
Venues I have shot at:
- 50 Water Street, Newburyport, MA
- Adams Inn, Qunicy, MA
- Alpine Grove, Hollis, NH
- Alvirne Chapel, Hudson, NH (x2)
- Alyson’s Orchard, Walpole, NH (x3)
- Amesbury Country Club, Amesbury, MA
- The Andrea, Westerly, RI
- Ashworth By The Sea, Hampton, NH
- At Bear Tree, Lakeside Lodge, Pittsburg, NH
- Atkinson Country Club, Atkinson, NH
- The Barn at Gibbet Hill, Groton, MA (x2)
- Barkers Tavern, Scituate, MA
- Bass Rocks Resort, Gloucester, MA
- Bedford Village Inn, Bedford, NH (x2)
- Birchwood Vineyards, Derry, NH (x2)
- The Blue Ocean Event Center, Salisbury, MA (x2)
- The Bradley Estate, Canton, MA
- Brookstone Banquet Center, Derry, NH (x2)
- Candia Woods, Candia, NH
- Castleton, Windham, NH (x7)
- Central House, Beach Lake, PA
- Coachmen's Lodge, Bellingham, MA
- Church Landing, Meredith, NH (x3)
- Clay Hill Farm, York, ME
- Cranwell Resort & Spa, Lenox, MA
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- Del Lea, Chichester, NH (x4)
- DeMillo's On the Water, Portland, ME
- Dexter's Inn, Sunapee, NH
- Doubletree Hotel, Bedford, MA
- Eagle Mountain House, Jackson, NH
- Echo Lake Inn, Ludlow, VT
- Executive Court, Manchester, NH (x3)
- Flag Hill Winery, Lee, NH
- Fort Rock Park, Gloucester, MA
- Four Oaks Golf Course, Dracut, MA (x2)
- Fulchino Vineyards, Hollis, NH
- Fuller Gardens, North Hampton, NH
- Governor's Inn, Rochester, NH
- Hampshire Hills Event Center, Milford, NH
- Harris Pelham Inn, Pelham, NH
- Hidden Hills Estate, Rindge, NH
- Highland Lake Inn, Andover, NH
- Hobbs Tavern & Brewing Company, West Ossipee, NH
- Hotel Commonwealth, Boston, MA
- Lakefalls Lodge, Stoddard, NH
- Lakeview Pavilion, Foxborough, MA (x2)
- Little Harbor Chapel, Portsmouth, NH (x3)
- Long Look Farm, Sanbornton, NH (x2)
- The Lyman Estate, Waltham, MA
- Mambo, Portsmouth, NH
- Manchester Country Club, Manchester, NH
- The Margate, Laconia, NH
- Millennium Hotel, Boston, MA
- Mojalaki Country Club, Franklin, NH
- Morrison House Museum | Londonderry Historical Society, Londonderry, NH
- Mountain Top Resort, Chittenden, VT
- Mountain View Grand, Whitefield, NH
- Mount Snow Grand Summit Resort, West Dover, VT
- Mount Sunapee Resort, Newbury, NH
- The Mount Washington Hotel, Bretton Woods, NH (x2)
- Nashua Country Club, Nashua, NH
- Nantasket Beach Resort, Hull, MA
- Nippo Lake Golf Course, Barrington, NH
- The Nonantum, Kennebunkport, ME
- The Old Lantern Inn and Barn, Charlotte, VT
- Old Orchard Beach, ME
- The Palace Theater, Manchester, NH
- Pat’s Peak, Henniker, NH
- Point Breeze, Webster, MA (x2)
- Portsmouth Country Club, Portsmouth, NH
- Portsmouth Harbor Events, Portsmouth, NH (x3)
- Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse, Newcastle, NH
- Ragged Mountain Resort, Danbury, NH
- Raffael's Banquet Hall, Walpole, MA
- Renaissance, Haverhill, MA (x2)
- Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront, Portsmouth, NH (x2)
- Rivermill at Dover, Dover, NH
- Riverside Hotel, West Chesterfield, NH
- Riverside Room, Manchester, NH
- Seaglass Oceanside, Salisbury, MA
- Seaport Elite Yacht, Boston, MA
- Searle’s Castle, Windham, NH
- Sky Meadow Country Club, Nashua, NH
- South Church, Portsmouth, NH
- Steele Hill Resort, Sanbornton, NH (x3)
- Sturbridge Host Hotel, Sturbridge, MA
- Takilas, Methuen, MA
- Tewksbury Country Club, Tewksbury, MA (x2)
- The Dowds' Country Inn & Event Center, Lyme, NH
- The Exeter Inn, Exeter, NH (x5)
- The Hamilton House, Berwick, ME
- Three Chimneys Inn, Durham, NH
- The MS Mount Washington, Laconia, NH
- The Oaks Country Club, Somersworth, NH
- The Old North Church, North End Boston, MA
- The Omni Parker House, Boston, MA
- Pierce Farm at Witch Hill, Topsfield, MA
- Point Lookout Resort, Northport, ME (x2)
- The Quechee Club, Quechee, VT
- The Red Barn at Hampshire College, Northampton, MA
- The Shattuck Golf Club, Jaffrey, NH (x2)
- Stage Neck Inn, York, ME (x2)
- The State Room, Boston, MA
- The Taj, Boston, MA
- The Tiffany Ballroom, Norwood, MA
- The Tirell Room, Quincy, MA
- Tupelo Music Hall, Londonderry, NH
- Tuper Manor, Beverly, MA (x2)
- Tyngsboro Country Club, Tyngsboro, MA
- Waterville Valley Event Center, Waterville Valley, NH (x2)
- Wentworth by the Sea, Newcastle, NH
- The Westin Portland Harborview, Portland, ME
- White Mountain Resort, North Conway, NH
- Winnekenni Castle, Haverhill, MA
- Wood Acres Farm, Terryville, CT
- Zorvino Vineyards, Sandown, NH (x6)